Ralph P. Hall
Undergraduate Programs Director and Associate Professor, Urban Affairs and Planning (UAP)
- Associate Director, School of Public and International Affairs (SPIA)
- Ph.D., Technology, Management & Policy, MIT, 2006
- M.S., Civil Engineering, MIT, 2002
- MEng., Civil Engineering, University of Southhampton, 1999
- Provision of sustainable water supply services in developing countries
- Sustainable transportation in developed countries
- Strategies to transform the industrial state towards sustainable development
- Inclusive capitalism
- SPIA 2244 (GEOG 2244): Sustainable Urbanization
- UAP 1004: Introduction to Carriers in Urban Affairs annd Planning
- UAP 4914: Seminar in Public and Urban Affairs
- UAP 5324: Water Supply and Sanitation in Developing Countries
- UAP 5764: International Development Planning Studio
- Technology, Globalization, and Sustainable Development: Transforming the Industrial State with N.A. Ashford (Routledge: 2018).
- Sustainable Transportation: Indicators, Frameworks, and Performance Management, with H. Gudmundsson, G. Marsden, and J. Zietsman (Springer, 2015).
- GC, R.K. and Hall, R. P. (2020) Exploring Smart City Project Implementation Risks in the Cities of Kakinada and Kanpur, Journal of Urban Technology, DOI: 10.1080/10630732.2020.1796115
- Ashford, N. A., Hall, R. P., Arango-Quiroga, J., Metaxas, K. M., and Showalter, A. L.(2020) Addressing Inequality: The First Step Beyond COVID-19 and towards Sustainability. Sustainability, 12, 5404.
- Holm, R.H., Hall, R.P., Muthukrishnan, S., Munthali, T., and Sinda, M. (2020) Promoting multiple-use water services by leveraging existing rural water supply and smallholder farmer groups, Malawi. International Journal of Water Resources Development, DOI: 10.1080/07900627.2020.1765745
- GC, R.K. and Hall, R.P. (2020) The Commercialization of Smallholder Farming—A Case Study from the Rural Western Middle Hills of Nepal. Agriculture 2020, 10, 143.
- Gupta, K. and Hall, R. P. (2020) Understanding the What, Why, and How of Becoming a Smart City: Experiences from Kakinada and Kanpur. Smart Cities 3(2), 232-247.
- Gupta, K., Zhang, W., and Hall, R. P. (2020) Risk priorities and their co-occurrences in smart city project implementation: Evidence from India’s Smart Cities Mission (SCM). Environment and Planning B: Urban Analytics and City Science, 1–15.
- “Universal Basic Income and Inclusive Capitalism: Consequences for Sustainability,” with Ashford, R., Ashford, N.A., and Arango-Quiroga, J., Sustainability, 11, 4481 (2019).
- “Achieving Global Climate and Environmental Goals by Governmental Regulatory Targeting,” with Ashford, N.A., Ecological Economics, 152, 246-259 (2018).
- “Pathways to Better Project Delivery: The Link between Capacity Factors and Urban Infrastructure Projects in India,” with Y. An and M. Garvin, World Development 94: 393–405 (2017).
- “A General Micro-level Modeling Approach to Analyzing Interconnected SDGs: Achieving SDG 6 and More through Multiple-Use Water Services (MUS),” with S. Ranganathan and G. C. Raj, Sustainability, 9(2): 314 (2017).
- “The Human Right to Water: The Importance of Domestic and Productive Uses of Water,” with Van Koppen, B. and Van Houweling, E., Science and Engineering Ethics. 20(4):849–868 (2013).
- 020 USAID Long-Term Assistance and Services for Research (LASER), Partners for University-Led Solutions Engine (PULSE), [USAID LASER PULSE], “Exploring the Use of Blockchain Technology to Improve Food Security Through African Indigenous Vegetables in Western Kenya.”
- Title: Convergence HTF: RCN: “Enhancing small and mid-level farm viability through a systems-based research network: Linking technology and sustainable development and practice”
Description: NSF Research Coordination Networks (RCN) Grant
Funder name: National Science Foundation
Funder reference: 1745477
Amount: USD 499,748
Principal investigators: Srinivasan D; Niewolny K; Leonessa A
Start date: 01 Sep 2017
- Beloved Community Initiative: https://belovedcommunityinitiative.com/
- Mzuzu Library Initiative: https://malawiedandchildwelfare.wordpress.com/
- Water Supply and Sanitation in Developing Regions
- Sustainable Transportation
- Sustainable Development
- Improving Data Quality
- Inclusive Capitalism
- Technology-Enhanced Learning