Research Associate, Virginia Tech Institute for Policy and Governance (IPG)
- M.S., Industrial and Organizational Psychology, University of Melbourne, Australia, 1987
- B.S., Psychology, Virginia Tech 1982
- Project Management and Support
- Program Evaluation and Needs Assessments
- Data/Information Specialist
- Dunkenberger, Black, Weaver & Allen. (2019). Evaluating and Informing the Local Government–Nonprofit Relationship: Cross-Sector Partnerships in Loudoun County, Virginia. Journal of Nonprofit Educational Leadership, 9 (no.3), 222 – 244.
- Dunkenberger, M. B., Allen, E., & Nelson, L. (2018). Montgomery County Children’s Services Act Assessment Context and Findings Report. Submitted to Montgomery County Child Services Stakeholders, September 21, 2018. Blacksburg, VA: Virginia Tech.
- Dunkenberger, M. B., Allen, E., Nagle, L., & Nelson, L. (2018). Early Childhood Risk and Protective Factor Mapping in Southwest Virginia. Submitted to Southwest Virginia Smart Beginnings and United Way, August 3, 2018. Blacksburg, VA: Virginia Tech.
- Dunkenberger, M. B. & Allen, E. (2017). Loudoun County Nonprofit Needs Assessment Summary Report. Submitted to Loudoun County Board of Supervisors, September 12, 2017. Blacksburg, VA: Virginia Tech.
- Dunkenberger, M. B., Mead, M., Allen, E., Davidson, C. (2016). Virginia Veterans Demonstration Project: Transitioning Service Member and Veteran Transition, Employment, Education, Training and Entrepreneurship Asset Mapping and Gap Analysis. Submitted to VCCS-WDS Veterans Demonstration Project Steering Committee November 15, 2016. Blacksburg, VA: Virginia Tech.
- Bradburn, I. S. & Allen, E. (2015). Results of the School Readiness Initiative Smart Beginnings Danville Pittsylvania 2011-2015. Submitted to Smart Beginnings Danville Pittsylvania June 10, 2015. Blacksburg, VA: Virginia Tech.
- Allen, E & Bradburn, I. S. (2014). The Smart Beginnings Danville Pittsylvania Virginia Star Quality Initiative Performance Management Data Tracker System. Submitted to Smart Beginnings Danville Pittsylvania December 1, 2014. Blacksburg, VA: Virginia Tech.
Currently serving as data scientist and consultant on the following:
- Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic Expansion: New River Community Services. Funded by SAMSHA. October, 2018 – September, 2020 (MB Dunkenberger, PI)
- Virginia Housing Development Authority Impact Analysis. Funded by the Virginia Housing Development Authority. February, 2019 – February, 2020 (M. Jones, PI; MB Dunkenberger, Co-PI)
- Vibrant Virginia Seed Grant: Collaborative Strategies to Reduce Substance Use Disorder (SUD) in Roanoke City and Pulaski County (MB Dunkenberger, PI)
- Fairfax County Rent Reform Evaluation of Moving To Work (MTW) Programs (T. Sanchez, PI)
- Supporting Healthy Rural Communities through Increased Awareness of Well-being and System Factors Seed Grant (MB Dunkenberger, PI)
Recently completed work:
- Montgomery County, Virginia Foster Care and Children’s Service Act (CSA) Assessment (MB Dunkenberger, PI)
- Loudoun County Nonprofit Needs Assessment ((MB Dunkenberger, PI)
- Veteran’s Demonstration Project funded by the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) and Virginia Workforce Development Services (WDS) (MB Dunkenberger, PI)
Center for Communicating Science Faculty Fellow
- Health and Human Service Delivery Assessment and Process Evaluation
- Preventing Opioid Abuse in Rural Virginia
- Veteran Services Assessment
- Early Childhood Education- Program and Process Evaluation