Affiliated Professor, Government and International Affairs (GIA)
- Ph.D., University of Iowa, 1987
- M.A., Political Science, The University of Iowa, 1980
- J.D., University of Vienna, Austria, 1980
- LL.M., University of Vienna, Austria, June 1979
- The Swedish Sphinx: The Rise and Fall of the Electrolux King, Axel Wenner-Gren. (In progress).
- Reality and Myth: A Symposium on Axel Wenner-Gren. Co-edited with Bertil Daneholt (Stockholm:The Wenner-Gren Foundations, 2012).
- Gender and Democracy in Cuba (Gainesville, FL: University Press of Florida, 2007; Paperback2009).
- “The Origins of the Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research: An Essay on the Complex Friendship Between Paul Fejos and Axel Wenner-Gren.” Current Anthropology. October 2016 (forthcoming).
- “Party and State in Cuba: Gender Equality in Political Decision-making.” Politics & Gender, Volume 1, Issue 2. (2005).
- “Implementing Gender-Equality Provisions: Lessons from the Central American Peace Accords.” Critical Half. Vol. 2, Issue 1 (2005).
- Gender Equality and Democratization
- Reproductive Health
- Grass-roots Movements
- Socialist Theory