Professor, Urban Affairs and Planning (UAP)
- Ph.D., City Planning, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1996
- M.C.R.P., City and Regional Planning, Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo, 1986
- B.S., Environmental Studies, University of California-Santa Barbara, 1984
- SPIA 4454: Future of Cities
- UAP 5224: Planning Methods and Technologies
- UAP 5494: Advanced Quantitative Techniques for Urban Research
- UAP 5564: Information Technology, Society, and Public Policy
- Knowledge Networks and Flows, with Denise Bedford (UK: Emerald Publishing, forthcoming)
- Planning Knowledge and Research (New York, NY: Routledge, 2018).
- Planning as if People Matter: Governing for Social Equity, with Marc Brenman (Washington, D.C.: Island Press, 2012).
- The Right to Transportation: Moving to Equity, with Marc Brenman (Chicago: American Planning Association, 2007).
- The Social Impacts of Urban Containment, with Arthur C. Nelson and Casey J. Dawkins (England: Ashgate, 2007).
- urban planning
- social equity
- scholarly impact