Collegiate Assistant Professor, Center for Public Administration & Policy (CPAP)
- Ph.D., Public Policy and Administration, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2018
- MPA, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2001
- B.S., Economics, Virginia Tech 1994
- Public Finance at the Local Government Level
- Capacity Building in Local Government Organizations
- PAPA 6314: Public Budgeting Processes and Their Policy Implications
- PAPA 6354: Advanced Topics in Public Management - Finance, Human Resources and Performance Management for Local Government
- SPIA 5654: Performance Budgeting for Outcomes
- SPIA 1024: Community Service Learning
- SPIA 5024: Introduction to Public and Nonprofit Organizations
- "Understanding the Factors that Influence Elected Officials and Local Government Managers decision to Engage in Regional Collaboration"
- I am currently working on a paper that examines the use of the Regional Industrial Facilities Act to encourage local collaborations for economic development purposes in distressed communities.
- I am developing a model to demonstrate the importance of affordable, quality housing as economic development and working with stakeholders to incorporate this concept into the local government certificate program.
- Organizational Theory
- Collaboration Theory
- Local Government