Professor Emeritus, Urban Policy and Planning (UAP)
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering (Environmental), Stanford University, 1976
- M.S., Civil Engineering (Environmental), Stanford University, 1972
- B.M.E., Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 1969
- Environmental planning
- UAP 4394: Community Renewable Energy System
- UAP 5074G: Advanced Community Renewable Energy System
- 2009. Nelson, A. C., J. Randolph, J. M. Schilling, J. Logan, J. M. McElfish Jr. and Newport Partners, LLC. Environmental Regulations and Housing Costs. Washington DC: Island Press.
- 2008. with Gilbert M. Masters. Energy for Sustainability: Technology, Planning, Policy. Island Press. 796 pp., xviii. See http://www.energyforsustainability.org for book website.
- 2004. Environmental Land Use Planning and Management, Washington, D.C.: Island Press, 664 pp., xxxviii. Textbook. See http://www.envirolanduse.org for book website.
- 1992. Randolph, J. (editor and principal author), Sourcebook for Local Water Resources Management. Ten volumes. College of Architecture and Urban Studies, Blacksburg, VA., 710 pp.
- 1991. Randolph, J., Virginia Energy Patterns and Trends, 1960-1990, Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals, and Energy, Richmond, Virginia, 284 pp.
- 1989. with Shinn, P., Costing and Rate-Setting Workbook for Water and Sewer Utilities, Two volumes. Virginia Water Resources Research Center, 306 pp.
- 1987. Randolph, J., Virginia Energy Patterns and Trends, Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals, and Energy, Richmond, Virginia, 153 pp.
- 1981. Randolph, J., Energy (a monograph of trends included in a Monograph Series on Strategic Planning), College of Architecture and Urban Studies, VPI and SU, 325 pp.
- 1976. Randolph, J. Effect of NEPA on Corps of Engineers Water Planning in California, Ph.D. Dissertation, Stanford University, 303 pp.