- Master in Strategic and Defence Studies
Farhad is originally from the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. He first became interested in Middle East politics, mainly Iraqi politics and Kurdish, when he worked as a research fellow for the Kurdistan Conflict and Crisis Research Center (KCCRC). That interest evolved into his current research project on Warlordism in Iraq.
- Security studies
- Political violence
- Iraqi affairs
- Kurdish question.
- University of Sulaimania, B.A., Political Science 2010, Kurdistan Region of Iraq
- University of Malaya (UM), MA Strategic and Defense Studies, Malaysia.
- Lecturer at the University of Sulaimania, Department of Politics and International Relations, and Tishk International University Sulaimania. He taught undergraduate courses on Security studies, comparative political systems, Terrorism, Insurgency, and Political Violence.
- Winner of the Human Capacity Development Program (HCDP) in Higher Education, an ambitious program that aims to develop human capacities in the Kurdistan Region in higher education.
- Mamshai, Farhad Hassan Abdullah. “Party corruption in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq: Context and implications.” Digest of Middle East Studies 31, no. 1 (2022): 25-42.
- Abdullah, Farhad Hassan. “The political system in Iraqi Kurdistan: Party rivalries and future perspectives.” Asian Affairs 49, no. 4 (2018): 606-624.
- Abdullah, F. H. “PUK–Gorran relations in post Kurdish referendum: A new phase of conflict in green zone.” Masher Politics & Culture Journal 3, no. 6 (2018).
- Abdullah, Farhad Hassan. “PUK–KDP Conflict: Future Kurdish Status in Kirkuk.” Jadavpur Journal of International Relations 22, no. 2 (2018): 107-126.
- Abdullah, Farhad Hassan. “The Role of Social Network Platform in Egyptian’s Political Upheaval in January 2011.” International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies 3, no. 2 (2016): 94.
- Abdullah, Farhad Hassan, and Hawre Hasan Hama. “Minority Representation and Reserved Legislative Seats in Iraqi Kurdistan.” Contemporary Review of the Middle East 7, no. 4 (2020): 381-402.
- Abdullah, Farhad Hassan. “Revolution in Egypt: Political Movements and Mobilisation of Resources.” Insight on Africa 12, no. 1 (2020): 7-28.
- Abdullah, Farhad Hassan. “The Arab Spring in Egypt: The Role of Social Media.” PhD diss., Jabatan Pengajian Antarabangsa dan Strategik, Fakulti Sastera dan Sains Sosial, Universiti Malaya, 2014.
- Hama, Hawre Hasan, and Farhad Hassan Abdullah. “Political parties and the political system in Iraqi Kurdistan.” Journal of Asian and African Studies 56, no. 4 (2021): 754-773.
- Hama, Hawre Hasan, Farhad Hassan Abdulla, and Dastan Jasim. “One battle, two narratives? Rudaw’s framing during the 2017 conflict over the disputed territories of the Kurdistan Region and Iraq.” The Journal of International Communication 24, no. 2 (2018): 238-261.
- Abdullah, Farhad Hassan, and Hawre Hasan Hama. “The nature of the political system in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.” Asian Journal of Comparative Politics 5, no. 3 (2020): 300-315.
- Hasan Hama, Hawre, and Farhad Hassan Abdulla. “Kurdistan’s Referendum: The Withdrawal of the Kurdish Forces in Kirkuk.” Asian Affairs 50, no. 3 (2019): 364-383.